[Savannah-hackers] Fwd: Gnucash Homepage sources for German redesign?

From: Thomas Templin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Fwd: Gnucash Homepage sources for German redesign?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 15:44:44 +0100

On Thursday 20 March 2003 10:42, Jaime E. Villate wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 06:54:46PM +0100, Thomas Templin wrote:
> > On Wednesday 19 March 2003 13:15, Jaime E . Villate wrote:
> > > This pages should go somewhere inside
> > > www.gnu.org/software/gnucash but you should first talk to
> > > the maintainer of gnucash (Linas Vepstas <address@hidden>)
> > > and with the gnu.org webmasters, to make sure nobody else is
> > > working on it and where the pages should go. Once you talk
> > > to them, please let me know.
> >
> > [...]
> > Ive got a Tarball from Linas six weeks ago.
> > Christian Stimmig one of the GNUCash HBCI programmer asked me
> > if I may translate the pages.
> >
> > My Ide is to put them to Savannah and find some other people
> > who will assist me. For this I'm in contact with a local
> > school of economic which is interested to do some translation
> > during their buisines english lessons :)
>
> Linas has decided not to use Savannah for the GNUCash project,
> and he has his own server at www.gnucash.org
> I also see that the GNUCash web pages have already been
> translated into German by Herbert Thoma and he seems to be
> active
> (last modification on March 13).
>
> You should first talk to Linas and ask him what you should do
> with the translations you are going to make and whether he
> thinks it is a good idea that you start a new project in
> Savannah for the German translation of the web pages.
Hhhm, seems Linas has diferent positions what shall be done with a
germen GNUCash page.
May be a translation of the german mail will show you the need wich
Christian Stimmig and most German GNUCash Users have for a better
translation.
I will stop my work on translation until this is cleared.

bye
Thomas