[Savannah-hackers] submission of Pypiper Graphical Pipes Interface - sa

From: eli
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Pypiper Graphical Pipes Interface - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 12:59:55 -0500

Eli Carter <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Pypiper Graphical Pipes Interface
System name: pypiper
Type: non-GNU

In brief:
My project is to create a GUI representation of CLI pipes, but to allow more
complex constructs than what can be easily done on the CLI.  My primary goal is
ease of use and clarity, but I hope to optimize the speed in the future as well.

Each command is represented as a box.  Each box has a set of inputs
(represented as power cords) and a set of outputs (represented as power
outlets).  The user can add and remove boxes, and plug them into each other.
Once the boxes are laid out and connected, the user triggers the first box
using its \'start\' button, and the data flows through the circuit the user had
created.

Implementation:
This project is implemented in python using the PyQt bindings and targets the
KDE desktop.

Applicability:
I have found that in analyzing logs of a program or system\'s behavior, that I
want to do some analysis of frequency, times, etc. which are difficult to do on
a CLI due to needing more complex piping than what CLI pipes easily do.  The
project is designed to be flexible enough that it would be applicable to a
large range of data processing tasks.

Source code:
Source code is available via email on request.  (~10K bzipped tar)  Email
address@hidden
I also have a local CVS repository with which I would like to \"seed\" the
project if I can.

Other Software Required:
python
        High level programming language
        http://www.python.org/2.3/license.html
Qt
        C++ GUI toolkit by Trolltech
        http://www.trolltech.com/download/index.html
PyQt
        Python bindings for Qt
        http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/index.php

The links above contain licensing information.  All are available in GPL
compatible versions.