[Savannah-hackers] submission of Smood - savannah.nongnu.org

From: usander
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Smood - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 01:40:38 -0500

Uwe Sander <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Eiffel Forum License, version 2

recently accepted as GPL compatible
Package: Smood
System name: smood
Type: non-GNU

The project aims to provide a OO database engine implemented in Eiffel on top
of the Berkeley DB engine. The DBMS is planned to consist of different layers,
each one providing more functionality without changing the underlying fiel
format, starting with a simple embeddable record manager up to a fully featured
OODBMS implementing at least a subset of the ODMG specs. Additionally a set of
Eiffel classes (a \'cluster\' in Eiffel terminology) to access the engine will
be part of the project. The only supported Eiffel compiler will be SmartEiffel,
which is freely available. No URL to sources until now, because I have no
opportunity to publish them somewhere. I would like to email them.

Other Software Required:
- Berkeley DB
- libxml2
- yaesockets