[Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS Rights phpGroupWare project

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS Rights phpGroupWare project
Date: 28 Mar 2003 13:32:05 +0100

Ralf Becker <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> Hi,
>
> I cant try as I only have my own account, which is member of the
> phpgroupware-api group.
>
> Maybe Dave was wrong and ceb added him to the group last year and he
> never tried it.
>
> Is it a big deal to have look who is member of the group, specialy if
> Dave aka skwashd is a member.

[~]# cat /etc/group | grep phpgroupware-api
phpgroupware-api:x:102:seek3r,skeeter,jengo,ceb,Zone,lkneschke,ralfbecker

In fact, there is a conceptual problem:

         phpgroupware-api is a subproject, and we decided that
         subproject should have their own project (see DotGNU project
         and subprojects). It would help us to manage your users.

I think this strange setup was done before we cleared up some ideas.

Now, I think you should register a project by subproject. Each
subproject would have his proper group (users), cvs module (we can
still add some symlinks /cvsroot/subproject -> /cvsroot/phpgroupware/).
Each subproject would even be able to have their own bug tracker,
mailing-list - or use the main project bugtracker.

Do you agree? If so, you just have to register the appropriate
subprojects as project (which a clearly naming convention, as
phpgroupware-thismodule)