Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Compact Disc Input and Control Libr

From: rocky
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Compact Disc Input and Control Library - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:57:44 -0000

Rudy Gevaert writes:
 > Please register your project again including a URL
 > (could be temporary) where the source code can be found.

The code is not publically available that's why I'm was considering
Savannah.

 > The description you give during project registration will be
 > read by Savannah administrators and not by the general Savannah
 > public (if you are still concerned with privacy, you can also
 > send me a copy of the code by e-mail).

It's not privacy I'm concerned about see above. In the off-chance that
this is a form letter, it'd be cool to change deal with this type of
situtation.

 > We would like to look at your source code, even if it is still
 > not functional, to help you fix potential legal issues which
 > would be harder to find and to solve after the project gets
 > approved. For example, in order to release your project under
 > the GPL you should write copyright notices and copying
 > permission statements at the beginning of every source code
 > file, as advise in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
 >
 > Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
 > above.

What changes? That I should give a URL for a source that not
available by URL?

 > The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
 > track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
 > yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
 > time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
 > have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
 > understanding.

Actually, I was looking for some understanding myself. It doesn't
strike me as all that odd for someone to want to register a project
for something that is not available by URL publically or
privately. That may be part of why they are registering - to make it
publically (or privately) available. Therefore, unless you've
addressed this contingency you are making extra work all around,
i.e. for both you and me in this situation. And even if it *is* odd
this situation should be accounted for in the instructions.

Thank your for both your understanding *and* proactivity. Thank you
for reducing the frustration other users may experience if they have
this situtation.

However given your current policy of handling pending projects, I'll
wait until you look over the attached tar file and wait instructions
as to how to proceed before reregistering.