Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of SciDc - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of SciDc - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:20:10 +0100

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 05:52:18PM +0200, mathieu wrote:
> Francesco Poli <address@hidden> a tapoté :
>
> > On 30 Mar 2003 12:45:08 +0200 Mathieu Roy wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, but do you really want it called "scidc" or "scibc"?
> >
> > Is that a problem? I mean: is the explicit reference to Dc a problem?
> > If it is, I'll try hard to find a better name.
>
> Not at all, the explicit reference is meaningful, but isn't it GNU Bc
> instead of GNU Dc?

#apt-cache show dc
Package: dc
 GNU dc is a reverse-polish desk calculator which supports unlimited
 precision arithmetic.  It also allows you to define and call macros.
 .
 A reverse-polish calculator stores numbers on a stack. Entering a number
 pushes it on the stack.  Arithmetic operations pop arguments off the
 stack and push the results.