Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, et

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Collaboration software (Wiki, Faq-o-Matic, etc)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:37:32 -0500

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 10:22:23PM -0500, Hugo Gayosso wrote:

> One more thing, if CPU load and integration with Savannah is a
> concern, what about setting up another machine for this purpose?
>
> Who has authoritative voice for this kind of setup?

savannah-hackers can make the call on the amount of infrastructure
(hardware + volunteers) that will be needed to support any additional
software.  Certainly setting up a limited test bed to gage
infrastructure requirements would be useful.

savannah has been having some growing pains of late, which loic has
done some work with cvs to try and mitigate that.  We're in the
process of having a new machine donated for savannah, but it will
likely be a month or two before the replacement is installed.

Coordinating with address@hidden would also be useful, as I know he was
recently looking into setting up a Wiki for use by GNU projects.

Installing a new hardware at our colo is not trivial (for lots of
reasons).  Let's first see what the requirements for running Wiki-like
services would be.  Does that sound reasonable?