[Savannah-hackers] submission of Virtual File System - savannah.nongnu.o

From: jvbuiten
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Virtual File System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:39:35 -0400

Hans van Buitenen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: The doc I mentioned before has a chapter that covers this issue.
That is still a draft version and your opinion is very much welcome.
Package: Virtual File System
System name: vfs
Type: non-GNU

Project description:
I am planning to call the project vfs (Virtual File System)

This project is based on something i wrote before in Delphi. I was still using
windows at that time. 100% of that code is mine. This ancester was a tool to
create a database of files with their locations. You could change the location
of the files etc. If you read the spec i mention below you will probebly
understand what it was supposed to do. A problem whith this code is that it is
ducumentend in MS word and that it needs windows to run on.

The vfs Project:
There is no code available yet but i intend to use mysql or PostgreSQL if
needed. The first technical studies will probebly be done in perl since i am
getting attached to that. I may even end up with a full operational console
version in perl.

The gui should be written in Cpp or something else that would make an efficient
environment. (Haven\'t decided yet)

I do have an quite large specification of this project. Right now it has been
translated largely so it will give you a pretty good idea what the project is
about.

This spec is written in \"Open Office\" but if you don\'t have that i can
export it to text or something else if you like.

I don\'t have a website for this project b

Other Software Required:
mysql or PostgreSQL
I\'m going to try mysql first since i am expecting to handle large amouts of
data and it needs to be fast.

Other Comments:
Please give me a message so i can sent the spec (Currently 25k)