[Savannah-hackers] submission of UniTheme - savannah.nongnu.org

From: kaas_10
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of UniTheme - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 12:24:52 -0400

Richard van Eijbergen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: UniTheme
System name: unitheme
Type: non-GNU

UniTheme is (going to be) a program that allows the user to create widget
themes for the 2 main desktop environments on GNU/Linux (Gtk/Gnome and Qt/KDE).

This Gnome2 program will be HiG compliant and make use of Gnome2 technology
where possible.
The main target of this program is to make the creation of widget themes as
easy as possible.

On the technical side, UniTheme is being written in C while making use of the
STL, C wrappers for Gtk 2.2 libglade and the C version of libXML.
Support for GConf and/or other libraries/technology will be added later or when
requested.

UniTheme uses XML for its native file format and adds the option to plug in an
exporter (using shared libraries) for the creation of toolkit specific widget
themes.
The current goal is to have exporters for both the Gtk 2.x pixmap engine and
acustom theme engine for Qt/KDE, in version 1.0 of UniTheme.
Each theme image is composed using an image loaded from file (preferably the
PNG format), margin sizes (for more flexible scaling of the theme image) and
some additional information which depends on the type of widget (colorization
of the themed widget would be a good example).
These theme images can be edited using the available tools in UniTheme, one
example of such a tool is the margin edit tool, which allows the user to easily
modify the margin sizes with visual feedback.

Link to the (currently very messy and unstable and not nice looking) code,
licensed under the GPL:
http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/rm.vaneijbergen/UTheme-0.2.tar.gz
(of course, the code will become much nicer in the near future, it\'s currently
a big mess because it was intended to be a silly vaporware/testing project at
first)

Other Software Required:
Gtkmm 2.0
Gtk+ 2.0
libglademm 2.0
libglade 2.0
libSigC 1.2
libXML 2

Other Comments:
I\'ve already registered my project one time before, but it was rejected
because there were no copyright notices in the source files.
I was also using symlinks instead of real files for files like COPYING et al.

The copyright notices were added into the source files, I\'m not sure if I
should add these to the headers as well.
(some projects seem to do that, other projects don\'t (like Gtk))