[Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] nntp-java want to be a GNU package

From: chris burdess
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [Savannah] nntp-java want to be a GNU package
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 08:51:12 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
> become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?
>
> Submitter: <address@hidden>
> Project Full Name:  gnu.inet.nntp
> Project System Name:  nntp-java
> License:  lgpl
> Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=3415
> compliant NNTP client in Java. It is used by the GNU classpathx NNTP JavaMail
> provider.
>
> It is based around a central NNTPConnection class which manages NNTP protocol
> negotiation with the server, plus a number of support classes providing a
> full NNTP API. The transport I/O layer is pluggable: a stream-based
> implementation already exists and a ByteBuffer implementation is on the way.
>
> Source archives and CVS to follow.

this project now uses a gnu-standard autoconf build system incorporating
the gpl+exception licence used for several classpathx packages and
gnujaxp. it builds cleanly on i386 and powerpc linux with gcj, jikes,
and blackdown javac compilers. i'm ready to make a downloadable package
and distribute it from savannah - does it have to remain in nongnu?
--
chris burdess