[Savannah-hackers] [ 101469 ] [sv software] Page statistics/log files?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [ 101469 ] [sv software] Page statistics/log files?
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:05:05 -0400

Support Request #101469, was updated on Thu 10/31/2002 at 00:06
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=101469&group_id=11

Category: Web

By: bescoto
Date: Thu 04/24/2003 at 01:05
Logged In: YES
user_id=10932
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207
Phoenix/0.5

For me email would not be the most convenient way to receive
the logs (scp or http would be nicer) but others may have
different preferences.

Is it easier to use email to send the logs?  I guess you'd
have to set up some kind of form to let people
enable/disable the feature, and have an elementary database
pairing projects with email addresses (unless you want to
integrate this into the mailing list software somehow).

It probably would be easy just to zip the logs (assuming
they're already sorted by project) and make them available
for download via http, in the same way the cvs tarballs are.
 Some people may have privacy objections to this though.

I'm probably missing something, never having run a site
remotely like this, but it seems webalizer or whatever
wouldn't be too hard to set up either on a project by
project basis.

By: yeupou