Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of stac - deployment/provision framewo

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of stac - deployment/provision framework - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 09:56:02 +0100

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 04:19:45AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Toni Prug <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: stac - deployment/provision framework
> System name: stac
> Type: non-GNU

> On Gnu/Linux and Unix platforms, we have a set of established
> packaging systems (apt, rpm, bsd ports etc). However they all address
> the issue of automated application provision (install -> configure)
> specificaly for Operating Systems. What\'s missing is a tool that
> performs simillar functionality, but aimed at web applications. Which
> is precisely the intention behind the development of Stac. It is an
> application deployment framework, built to automate provision of
> applications, specificaly web applications.  It is designed to deploy
> and manage multiple instances of a web application. It also keeps the
> record of end users of the applications that it deploys. See more at
> http://www.openmute.org/view/Open/StAc. Alpha tarball is at
> http://openmute.org/twiki/pub/Open/StAcMakefile/stac-0.3.2.tar.gz

We would like you to do some minor changes before we approve it:

Replace LICENSE by the newest version in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
(the FSF's address has changed).

Write complete copying permission statements at the beginning of every
source-code file. You should include the whole 3 paragraphs mentioned
in LICENSE, in the section "How to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs".
it is also explained in: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
and if you'd like to know the reason behind these recommendations, you
can take a look at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,
Jaime