Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Unofficial wxpython .deb packages -

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Unofficial wxpython .deb packages - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 00:27:57 +0100

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:20:14PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Peter Abraham <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Unofficial wxpython .deb packages
> System name: wxpython
> Type: non-GNU

> Unofficial .deb packages for wxpython. Build from source.
> http://wxpython.org/download.php

Hi,
we cannot accept the name "wxpython" for your project, because you are not
registering the well-known wxpython project but some packaging of it.
If we accepted your project, people would be very confused to find out that
savannah.nongu.org/projects/wxpython is not the site of the wxpython project.

On the other hand, wxpython official .deb packages already exist and are
being maintained by Ron Lee <address@hidden>. If you think those packages are
not good/complete enough you should talk to him or even file a bug report in
Debian's bug tracking system. If after doing that you still come to the
conclusion that some other Debian package is required, you should first
discuss it in address@hidden

Regards,
Jaime