Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gnu-Monitor - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Gnu-Monitor - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:05:03 +0100

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 03:09:42PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> Walter Pirri <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Gnu-Monitor
> System name: gnu-monitor
> Type: GNU

> Gnu-Monitor is an transactional monitor sistem developed for Linux. It uses
> PostgrSQL as database and TCP/IP as comunication protocol.
> The sources can be located at
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-monitor/gnumonitor-0.0.4.tar.gz?download
>
> Other Software Required:
> postgresql-dev

Since your project does not seem to be part of the
GNU project yet, we cannot accept that project name
for it.  There are some non-GNU programs
with names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are
not hosted in Savannah.

In the projects we host we want to keep the distinction
between GNU and non-GNU projects, to avoid confusion.
If your project is accepted into the GNU project, you
can change its name later on.

Please register your project again, using a different name.
You should also complete the copying permission statements in your source
programs. You only wrote the first paragraph, while the recommended permission
statement has two more paragraphs:

  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
  ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
  FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for
  more details.

  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
  this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple
  Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA

Regards,
Jaime