[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of exselt - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of exselt - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 30 Apr 2003 11:44:02 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Stéphane Bonhomme <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: exselt
> System name: exselt
> Type: non-GNU

> exselt is a web publication engine based on xslt and designed to use
> effeciently CSS2. With this perl+xslt kit for apache, the structure of a
> website and the global layout of pages (blocks) are described in a XML
> document. When a page a requested, the xml file is processed on-the-fly to
> build the html document served to the browser.
> The strong point of the system is that blocs can be defined not only at page
> level but also on a section level providing a convenient way to design menus
> and whatever else blocks for a subset of the site pages.
> Another point is that a site designed with this tool has a coherent class
> attribute (of html div elements) naming convention for use with CSS. As a
> consequence the system can generate CSS skeletons providing the selectors, so
> that the web designer has just to fill the gaps with style rules.
> Actual content of pages is not part of the site description file, it only
> references modules which can be either \"standards\" modules of the system
> (such as sitemap or page summary) genrated by a xslt process or \"user\"
> modules adressed by keywords. The user modules are chuncks of html files,
> indexed by a xml catalog file containing meta informations (keywords, date,
> author...). In the process of building a page, the modules matching at least
> one keyword are gathered to produce the actuel content of the page.
> At this day, the composition of pages is efficient, I\'m currently working on
> a web based interface for modules management.
> Other small tricks are also oncluded such as a cookie mecanism to remind the
> css used (as on savannah site :). It is also possible to write CSS using
> #IFDEF directives in order to manage the difference af implementation between
> browsers (it uses the gcc preprocessor).
>
> source code : http://waloo.homelinux.net/webengine

Unfortunately, I'm unable to access this page. It does not even seem
to be a 404 error but a misconfiguration: my web browser tell me that
"www is an unknow host". But http://waloo.homelinux.net works well.
So I assume that http://waloo.homelinux.net/webengine redirect to
something like http://www/*

Can you provide another url?

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: