[Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions lossage

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: subversions lossage
Date: 13 Jun 2003 12:31:28 +0200

Loic Dachary <address@hidden> said:

>       Hi,
>
>       I'm going to switch from the ramfs file system (too small
> because too many simultaneous cvs pserver) to a dedicated ext2
> partition. I bet on the fact that the problem we experienced when
> using /tmp was linked to the specific behaviour of ext3 file systems.

Journals are actually not useful in this case. But can't it be also
related to the nature of the hardware? One more time I'll talk about
SCSI ;), IDE is known to use lot of CPU when you access a lot to a
disk...

A cannot a small SCSI disk be found for this specific purpose (for the
whole /tmp, for instance)?

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: