[Savannah-hackers] submission of waste - savannah.nongnu.org

From: lucas
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of waste - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:54:55 -0400

Lucas Gonze <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: waste
System name: waste
Type: non-GNU

This project will be a centralized point for ongoing development of Waste, the
groupware/IM software released, and then abandoned, by Nullsoft.  At present
patches to Waste are being released into the wild, for example by posting to
random mail lists and IRC channels, and being applied to code gathered from
untrusted sources.  By providing a single location for ongoing development we
will be able to improve security substantially, keep the development community
from fragmenting, and keep the code high quality.  Also, US export regulations
require a notification be sent that references a canonical download URL, so by
creating such a URL we will be able to bring the project within export law.

One mirror of the source code is at
http://gonze.com/waste/waste-source.zip.

Other Software Required:
I am not aware of any non-free dependencies.

Other Comments:
This project is a loose bag of functionality which appears to have been
abandoned by its author.  The author of this message is not the author of the
code.