[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict - sav

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 17 Jun 2003 18:28:18 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Pierre M <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Pik\'s GTK2 Client to CEDict
> System name: pikscedict
> Type: non-GNU

> This project is a chinese dictionnary.
> It use libGtk2 for GUI, and CEDICT for vocabulary source
> (www.mandarintools.com/cedict for details about the license of the
>
> CEDICT, wich seems to be compatible with the GPL, Anyway, my front end and
> this file are clearly splitted)
>
> ->after a first submission of this project, I have removed the CEDict file
> from my archive, the CEDict file will not be hosted on Savannah\'s servers.
>
> I got two goal, two \\\"milestone\\\" for this projet :
> the first step is a front-end for CEDICT,so it will be a Chinese/English
> dictionnary with 25000 entries, and a customizable voc file.
>
> The second step is to make a CEDICT-like French/Chinese Dictionnary, with
> both search engine and voc file GPLized.
> a free software/free data project.
>
> there is a temporary project page, hosted one my personnal notebook (may be
> offline sometimes)with some information (in French) and how to contact me
> easily if needed :
> http://pik.homeip.net
> and a direct link to sources :
> http://pik.homeip.net/cefdict/pikscedict-0.1.tgz
>
> (project created using Anjuta)
>
> I do not exclude to make a ms-windows version of it, to gather more
> vocabulary when web-synchronization will be implemented.
> But since I mainly use GTK2/glib, it should only be a windows port of my GNU
> code.
>
> ps : excuse me if my english is not perfect, as you can guess, I\\\\\\\'m a
> french studying chinese, english is not my main skill !
>
> Other Software Required:
> a CEDict file
>
> Other Comments:
> This project was already submitted and almost validated, but I wasn\'t
> avaible and didn\'t made the modification fast enough. Anyway, I understand
> that you (Rudy Gevaert) couldn\'t wait so long, so I\'m back, with some
> correction made.

Unfortunately, an important but easy to fix problem remains:

To release your project under the GPL, you should put
copyright notices and copying permission statements
at the beginning of every source-code file, and
include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt).
Put it in a file named COPYING.

Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explain the reason behind these recommendations.  For
example, there is an entry explaining why the GPL requires including a
copy of the GPL with every copy of the program:
 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.
(it should be ok this time :)
  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org
  Not a native english speaker: