[Savannah-hackers] submission of gSmokeFree - ex smoker's stats program

From: linuxnewb
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of gSmokeFree - ex smoker's stats program - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:27:39 -0400

Dennis Craven <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: gSmokeFree - ex smoker's stats program
System name: gsmokefree
Type: non-GNU

If I don't put a url to the source right now, I'll forget to add it later, so
here it is: http://arker.homelinux.org/otherdls/gSmokeFree-0.1.tar.gz

The project is simple. It is a program for people who have quit smoking that
sits in the Gnome notification area as an icon, and when clicked, opens up a
window displaying various statistics such as how long you have quit, how much
money you have saved etc, all based on user entered information.

The program started as a small program that I would write in order to
familiarize myself with the GTK2 API, but I later decided that it may not only
be useful for others who have quit smoking, but also for those learning GTK as
I am. The code's simplicity (and comments that will be/are included) make it
easy to learn from, and my intent is to somehow incorporate all of the common
GTK2 widgets in the API through various features that I have planned for the
application.

I hope that the source and the program itself proves useful for someone.
Although not much is implemented just yet, and the code is a little grim in
places, and the UI isn't the prettiest, it is functional as it is :).

I look forward to hearing your decision.

EDIT: 2nd Submission
I've added the GPL's copying permission statement to all source files that I
have written for the project. Some of the source files however are written by
Glade2 and cannot be edited (it will just be overwritten). I assume this will
not be an issue. Also added to these files is my copyright notice (Copyright
2003 Dennis Craven). A copy of the GPL is included in the distribution in a
file called COPYING. The tarball in the URL above is now updated.

Other Software Required:
GNOME2
GTK2

  Message sent via/by Savannah