[Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Authenticator - savannah.nongnu.org

From: elfynmcb
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Web Authenticator - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:42:22 -0400

Elfyn McBratney <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Web Authenticator
System name: wwwauth
Type: non-GNU

Webauth is a daemon, a library and a set of utilities (and client) for
performing secure authentication over the Internet and/or network. Webauthd
(the daemon) uses a simplistic HTTP-like protocol for comminicating with the
client for sending authentication data (e.g., host, login and password) over
the wire, with user credentials and daemon/client configuration stored in xml
files, by default.

The library itself uses unique MD5 hostname-derived keys for communication
which are verified when a before each authentication request from the client,
with all passwords sent encoded.

The library and daemon require libxml2 (from the GNOME project) version 2.5.4
or higher. I also plan to add support for MySQL, OpenSSL, PostgreSQL, Berkely
DB and flatfiles as add-on modules. After a stable release I plan to write Perl
and PHP extensions to the library.

Other Software Required:
libxml2
mysql
openssl
postgresql
openssl
db4

Other Comments:
I don't currently have the sources available on the net, so if possible I'd
like to send it via e-mail. It's only ~80K, as only the library has been
written (with provisions for the rest).

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/