[Savannah-hackers] submission of L.I.A.M. - savannah.nongnu.org

From: slecle01
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of L.I.A.M. - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 05:15:10 -0400

Stephane Leclercq <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: L.I.A.M.
System name: liam
Type: non-GNU

L.I.A.M. (Logiciel d'Inventaire Automatise des Machines) is a Computer
inventory software designed for large pools of Linux and/or Windows computers.
It is written in perl, and can be used with a database (any correctly
configured database). The client (Linux or Windows, preliminary support for Mac
about to be dropped) scans the computer and sends an email with a zipped XML
attachment. Server side, another script fetch mails, and populate the database
with the information contained in them. Lastly, a Web based front end is used
to navigate between tables and computer caracteristics.
L.I.A.M. is currently in alpha state (basically, the scripts are working but
there isn't any way to install it quickly and properly yet). Savannah is needed
because we're almost done working on the project in our university (marne la
vallee, france) and need C.V.S. support to go on the project.
I have included most of the sources (not included : Web frontend perl/html
sources because only my coworker got them right now, one of the reasons CVS is
needed) in a tarball at http://etudiant.univ-mlv.fr/~slecle01/liam.tar.gz so
you can have a look at them (not likely to stay online after you reviewed it).
One thing that might be a problem is that we're currently relying on a
particular version of 'dmidecode' and including it with the sources right now.
Although the size is very slim, we understand that it is not proper behavior to
include binaries and we're working on it to support the latest version of
dmidecode so people can fetch their own dmidecode sources and compile them for
L.I.A.M.

Other Software Required:
- dmidecode
- smbios (windows only, free software, same as dmidecode in functionality)
- apache-perl
any database management system (PostGRES, MySQL, ...)

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/