[Savannah-hackers] submission of Malayalam Calendar - savannah.gnu.org

From: maverick
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Malayalam Calendar - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:48:17 -0500

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Anish Issac Jacob <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Malayalam Calendar
System name: mcal
Type: GNU

This project is aimed at providing users a malayalam calendar.

Malayalam calendar is used by Malayalees very often and it often happens that
people require it.

Malayalam is the commonly spoken language in Kerala and Laskwadeep states in
Kerala and the actual Malayalam dates are as important to any malayalee as is
the Gregorian dates for occasions like birth, marriage etc. This calls for the
need of a malayalam calendar which FAIK does not exist under GPL.

I have hacked on a small version for my personal use back when I was in 2nd
year of college(arond 3 years back). At that time it only had the ability to
convert gregorian dates and also based on gregorian dates calculate the
malayalam date, and also show a calendar for a particular month. Now I am
imporving it slightly and putting it up so that it is commonly useable by
everyone. Maybe i will also put in a perl-tk gui if if i get the time. I plan
do go on with the bundling it into .deb, .rpm and other popular formats too.

I have not put up the source code yet. But I can put it up soon on my geocities
page.

Other Software Required:
It requires some perl modules. But then that is artistic license i guess. Me
don't fool around much with legal stuff. I trust RMS and GPL everything i hack
during freetime :-).

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/