Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Dejan Lozanovic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of aiarena - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:34:57 +0100

On Sunday 09 November 2003 17:49, you wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 05:38:29PM +0100, Dejan Lozanovic wrote:
> > Yes but if I organize a league they will distribute their code and this
> > would spoil the fun after first round. since everybody will have all
> > ideas. and could take all other source codes. And result everybody would
> > have the same program and that is what I wish to avoid.
>
> Why can't you agree to not distribute the libraries before the end of
> the first round?

So if player A gave me his AI program he is forced to give me his source code
if I ask, so I can look his code and modify my program before battle, and
since it is a competiotion, I beileve it is better to keep AI closed for a
while.

> You just don't have to force your players to distribute their code.
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't agree with you :)
>
> Anyway, if you still think that using the LGPL is better, you are free
> to do so.  I suggest you submit the library as a different project.
> I'll approve it asap.

I would like to keep it as a single project. because library is very small and
it would be updated in the same time as simulator. Look on the libaiarena as
interface between other programs(tanks) and my simulator. Library is very
dumb. it just transfer arguments throught a file descriptor and read a
reasult.

int movementr(int speed,double angle) {

  int c=MOVER;
  write(FDWR,&c,sizeof(int));
  write(FDWR,&speed,sizeof(int));
  write(FDWR,&angle,sizeof(double));
  read(FDRD,&c,sizeof(int));
  return c;
}

I think it is a little silly to open new project for 6K of code and it is very
depended to the simulator. So it would be much easier to users to download
one file instead of two. and for me as developer it is easier to maintain
files in one project.

Regards,
Dejan Lozanovic