[Savannah-hackers] submission of Moonlight3D - savannah.nongnu.org

From: oxygene
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Moonlight3D - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:44:10 -0500

Patrick Mauritz <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Moonlight3D
System name: moonlight3d
Type: non-GNU

Moonlight is a project to write a 3D Modeller with strong emphasis on NURBS and
similar object types (subdivisions), designed loosely after the old (abandoned)
Moonlight Creator / Moonlight Atelier.

Our goals are an easy to understand user interface (even for new users), but
still powerful and flexible for the advanced user, renderman and yafray output
(and integration into workflow and UI where possible), as well as a modular
design (by scripting) that allows the advanced user to adapt Moonlight to his
needs with minimal trouble.

We make use of modern C++ (gcc3.x & compatible), libxml++ (lgpl), log4cpp
(lgpl), fltk (lgpl). no code from former moonlight code bases has been taken
over (due to quality and architectural concerns)

a sufficiently recent source snapshot from our arch archive is available under
http://studentenbude.ath.cx/projects/ml3d-main.tar.bz2

Other Software Required:
libxml++ (lgpl)

fltk2 (cvs, lgpl)

log4cpp (lgpl)

javascript engine (from mozilla.org, multi-licensed npl/mpl/gpl)

other libraries might come up as necessary but we will require gpl compatibility

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/