[Savannah-hackers] submission of ocamake - savannah.nongnu.org

From: sylvain . le-gall
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ocamake - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:12:56 -0500

Sylvain LE GALL <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: ocamake
System name: ocamake
Type: non-GNU

Ocamake ( ou castor ) is a tool to build ocaml program and library. It is
written in ocaml and aims to enable user to write simple ocaml script to build
there own project. It supports a plugin system to add functionnality,
compilation rules. Ocamake aims to provide configure script, make script and
install script for ocaml program and library.

It will be based on ocamake by Nicolas Canasse (
http://tech.motion-twin.com/html/ocamake.html ). In fact, it will be in
enhanced version.

Our aims is to simplify the configure/compile/install problem for

ocaml ( and only for this language ). We will support two version to use it :
one file base, one command line based. The first one is to

create big project requiring a lot of file separated in many directory and each
dir generating library/binary. The second one will enable to fast compile
simple program...

The entire project will be written in ocaml. Our goal is to support

every platform where ocaml is supported. It is to said : windows,

linux, mingw, mac os, freebsd...

We hope this tool will become a standard for building ocaml progam...

Other Software Required:
ocaml ( http://caml.inria.fr/ )

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/