[Savannah-hackers] confusing license

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] confusing license
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:05:56 +0100

A project has been registered with the following licensing/copying
conditions:

/* nfa - NFA construction routines */ /* Construct a state-labelled
epsilon nfa for a regular expression. * Then read input and output a
word from the language defined * by the nfa that is as close as
possible to the input. */ /* * Copyright (c) 1987, the University of
California * * The United States Government has rights in this work
pursuant to * contract no. DE-AC03-76SF00098 between the United States
Department of * Energy and the University of California. * * This
program may be redistributed. Enhancements and derivative works * may
be created provided the new works, if made available to the general *
public, are made available for use by anyone. */ /* Changes copyright
(c) 1991, Alan Wendt. This work is hereby made * available to the
general public, for use by anyone. */

It looks free software, but I'm not totally sure that it is clear
enough to avoid any troubles.

Can you bring some light on that? If the license is not acceptable,
would you like to provide a corrected version I could send to the
person that submitted the project?

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |