[Savannah-hackers] Deleting files from /Attic and related subdirectories

From: dale . williamson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Deleting files from /Attic and related subdirectories
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 19:05:28 -0800

Hello,

I am a project administrator for the tops project. Some directories were inadvertently imported into the project that contain files
not intended for the project and not intended to be on a public server.

I deleted the files, and the system moves them to an Attic/ subdirectory where
they are still accessible.

Running CVS update with -P as:

  cvs -d address@hidden:/cvsroot/tops update -P

is supposed to prune empty subdirectories. But they are not going away, perhaps because I am unable to get rid of the Attic/ directory so they really are not empty.

The Attic subdirectories containing the deleted files are:

  [Source]/tops/tops/tools/Attic

  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/save/Attic
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/src/Attic
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/src/vmo/Attic
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/sys/Attic
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/test/Attic
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops/usr/Attic

  [Source]/tops/tops/oldscripts/Attic

Your assistance in showing me how to remove these files and the three
directories

  [Source]/tops/tops/tools
  [Source]/tops/tops/mytops
  [Source]/tops/tops/oldscripts

would be greatly appreciated (and a great relief).

Thank you,

Dale Williamson