[Savannah-hackers] submission of Ika Audio Production System - savannah.

From: lunt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ika Audio Production System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 07:46:53 -0500

Bryan James Lunt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Ika Audio Production System
System name: ikaaudio
Type: non-GNU

IkaAudio (IKA is Japanese for Squid, it does not stand for anything.)
We wish to create a small simple and easily portable multitrack recording
system, the primary objectives of this project are actualy to advance our own
programming knowledge, so far, what code exists is entirely JAVA, and the
beggining of this project would be to redesign the entire system, efectively,
we have no code.
We hope to use the CVS systems here, as this would be easier than seting one up
on either of our own machinese.

Two posibilities for the design are that either our software would act as a
powerful GUI to Ecasound (eca.cx) or on it's own, acessing ALSA
(www.alsa-project.org) and be compatible with slower hardware.

really, we are only about to begin development. Hopefuly, someday we will have
something to offer to the community.

Other Software Required:
ALSA (www.alsa-project.org)
posibly Ecasound (eca.cx)