[Savannah-hackers] submission of Thundrix Linux distribution for experim

From: tonnerre
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Thundrix Linux distribution for experimental kernels - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:15:27 -0500

Un projet a été soumis à savannah.nongnu.org
Ce courriel a été envoyé à address@hidden, address@hidden

Tonnerre <address@hidden> a décrit le projet comme suit :
Licence: gpl
Autre Licence:
Paquet: Thundrix Linux distribution for experimental kernels
Nom système: thundrix
Type: non-GNU

Thundrix is a clean Linux  2.6 Linux distribution for i386 and
lateron pure  64-Bit sparc64  (And depending  on the  Bochs
functionality for x86_64).   It  will  contain  the  basic  packages
which  are  mostly optimized  for i586, but  it's possible  that a
i386 version  will be released  if a  sufficient number  of  people
ask  for it.  It is  not planned  to be limited  to these
architectures, but  since I  have no Alpha or  mips hanging around
these  are the only  architectures I can grant it  to run on.  Other
developers might  add support for  ppc and related lateron.

This will not contain the packages  or ISO images. You will at a
later point be  able to  download them from  a server  I still need
to rent because they're huge.  There will, however,  be a list of
URLs you can download the package sources from so you can make this
distribution on your own in LFS style.

So the only things it *will* contain are the installer code,
important patches I used, some packages,  the kernel patch generation
system and most descriptions.

The packages are not granted to work on non-Linux operating systems
as well. Most of them will work well, but some Linux-internals won't.

There is no  source code available at the moment  because I don't
have any server to put it on. I will send it on request, however.

Dépendances logicielles:
libc5/glibc/uClibc
libtar
libbz2
zlib (for minitar only, if you like it)
ncurses
BerkeleyDB
Packages will deliver their own dependencies

Autres Commentaires:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/