[Savannah-hackers] CVS problem: cvs: hash.c:312: findnode: Assertion `ke

From: Luca Saiu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] CVS problem: cvs: hash.c:312: findnode: Assertion `key != ((void *)0)' failed.
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:19:53 +0100

  Hi, I'm the maintainer of GNU epsilon, which is hosted on Savannah.
I have a problem with CVS, probably due to a bug in my version (or yours?) of CVS. Mine says:
  Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)
When committing the file epsilon/epsilonyacc/epsilonyacc.epl I see a strange error from CVS, a failed assertion:

cvs: hash.c:312: findnode: Assertion `key != ((void *)0)' failed.

  I tried to make
    cvs delete; cvs add epsilonyacc.epl; cvs commit epsilonyacc.epl
, but with no success ('cvs delete' and 'cvs add' seem to work as always, but cvs commit keeps emitting the same error). I read on a FAQ on the web that this can be related to the case-insensitive filesystems of Windows; but I don't use Windows! GNU epsilon has always being developed on GNU systems with ext2 or ext3; the machine from I was committing is a GNU/Linux machine (ext2), directly connected to the Internet with a modem. No network file systems, no case-sensitive filesystems, nor any other "strange" setup.

Could you please manually remove the entry for epsilon/epsilonyacc/epsilonyacc.epl from the repository? This is the solution given in the FAQ.
  Commit for the other files seems to work normally.

Thanks in advance for this little service and for your great work in general.

--
Luca Saiu, maintainer of GNU epsilon
http://www.gnu.org/software/epsilon