[Savannah-hackers] Re: kaisterker.de Savannah-hackers File upload

From: James E. Blair
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: kaisterker.de Savannah-hackers File upload
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:18:13 -0500

> From: Kai Sterker <address@hidden>
>
> As experienced by some others, file upload seems not to be fool-proof
> yet.
>
> I've uploaded the ASCII public gpg key retrieved with
>    gpg -ao key.asc --export ID
> and copied the whole thing into the input field.
>
> Next morning I ftp'd savannah.gnu.org, 'logged in' as user anonymous,
> cd'd into incoming/savannah/adonthell/ where I put both file and sig.
> That was yesterday, but nothing showed up at
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/adonthell/ so far.
>
> I would ask for two things: (1) please be more explicit about how to
> upload the gpg key. What command should be used to retrieve the key,
> and how would it look like when entered into the input field. (2) some
> feedback after a file has been uploaded. If there was an error, I could
> possibly fix things myself if only I saw an error message.

Thank you for your report.  I found a bug that was preventing the
project group keyring from being created properly.  It should be
fixed, so please let me know if you have any further problems.

1) I agree, we should write some good instructions.
2) I hope to have the system sending feedback to project admins after
any successful or unsuccessful upload soon.

Thank you for those as well.

-Jim