[Savannah-hackers] Savannah status update

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah status update
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:23:04 -0500

This past week, work progressed on the task list item of "enabling the
prior CVS scripts".  I expected log_accum to be fully running in the
CVS chroot by now, but getting the script to run properly in a
chrooted environment has been more difficult than originally expected.
I will be spending most of Thursday continuing work on the CVS scripts
and will send email to savannah-hackers when that work is done.

Savannah items not on the original list which were worked on:

     * Savannah's CVS server binary has been modified such that
       anoncvs is no longer permitted to issue CVS commands that
       attempt to modify the filesystem.  Previously, we relied solely
       on file permissions to insure that anoncvs could not modify or
       create files.

     * Cron job to generate tar files of per-project CVSROOT
       repositories, thereby making it easier for maintainers to download
       their full CVS repositories.