Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savane news

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savane news
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 12:08:07 +0100

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
I saw a news item from Mathieu for project 'savannah' about the new location of project 'Savane'. Do you think we should put it on the main page? Maybe it would make people stop reporting Savane bugs at the 'savannah' project.

The trick is that from a CVS point of view, the trunk of Savane is the famous DEV_2003-09-05_CERN branch from Savannah, as if this branch had been merged back to the trunk before the security overhaul from Paul & Jim (start of December 2003).

In other words, what's installed on Savannah is out of sync, and it might generate reports on bugs already fixed in Savane.

I'd like to check precisely what's missing in Savane in order it could run Savannah as it is of today. As far as I know, the only non backward compatible move on Savannah is the per-group chrooting model. On Gna, we have chrooted services and kept the backend compatibility. We could start to work on this, reconciliating both security models.