[Savannah-hackers] 2 other membership requests and PHP upload interface

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] 2 other membership requests and PHP upload interface
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:46:53 +0100

Savannah hackers,

There is a membership request pending in the administration project from deepsimon_2df, and there is also somebody who mentioned he could help us (William Waites). Should I ask them where and how they can help, like I did with Sebastian?

In addition, I think we could start the web interface to manage download area, since it is pretty separate from the sysadmins' work, and does not require too much knowledges of how the system is configured.

By the way, since the PHP interface is run with Apache, and has to manage files created by GateKeeper, I suggest we create a new group that contains both users. Another solution would be to do all moves through a setuid program that would run as GateKeeper. A last solution would be do drop PHP for that task and use CGI + Apache's suEXEC and run with the current project's group (tedious to set up).

What do you think?

--
Sylvain