[Savannah-hackers] submission of IndusMUD - savannah.nongnu.org

From: verigoth
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of IndusMUD - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 03:12:16 -0500

Rob Bayerl <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: IndusMUD
System name: indus
Type: non-GNU

The core of the project is a MUD (one of those cool text-based multiplayer
online games) engine that I'm writing in Java with gcj for my server.  The only
part of my server that I will be releasing will be the source code.  The user
will have to create rooms and items and npcs (non-person characters) for their
own implementation.  While playing around with this server I've found that
there really aren't any suitable MUD clients out there, so I am working on my
own in C using Gtk+.  I'll probably create Windows binaries with MinGW if it's
allowed to be hosted on the project page for the server.  The engine is far
from complete, but it works fairly well.  You can download it at
http://indus.ath.cx/~x501/indusmud.tar.gz.  If you'd like to see my
implementation of the server feel free to telnet to indus.ath.cx on port 4040
and check it out for yourself (reading the code doesn't quite give the full
effect).  Also if it's acceptable I'd like to post a little information
about my implementation of the engine on the project page.  For licenses I
don't see any reason why I couldn't use the plain old GPL (my favorite anyway
;).

Other Software Required:
I'm using gcj to compile natively on linux for the server, but I'd guess that
it should compile with any other Java compiler.  The client is written in C and
Gtk+.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/