[Savannah-hackers] submission of Open source 2D/3D IMU based unifyed rob

From: nisma
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Open source 2D/3D IMU based unifyed robo - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 21:28:08 -0400

Cris <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Open source 2D/3D IMU based unifyed robo
System name: gimu
Type: non-GNU

I want to develope a low cost open source IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) or
better robot navigation unit
having one active radio datalink usable for 2D and 3D navigation
on robots. No source code exists.
The cost should be under 50$ for two 2D IMU's and below 100$ for one
3D unit.

The datalink can be a command link from the controlling PC to all the robots.
This datalink is used to provide distance vector information
if no gps device is used. If gps is used, no datalink is necessary.
It's not clear, if a path planning SW will be developed.
The IMU relay on the follow datas:
  - 2D/3D compass information
  - optional 2D accelerometer information
  - optional GPS data
  - optional cellular phone trigonometry ( siemens cellular will be supported.
On some Nokia models this is possible.) as alternative
    to gps, important on urban regions.
  - distance from base station measured using optional radio datalink.
    several option are possible. The simplest is to have one trasmitting base
station and one or many robot. Thise robots have a
    synchronized clock. The robot times the trasmission from the base
    station. The base station must trasmit data/frames at fixed interwalls. The
difference between the measured and expected frame arrival divided by the speed
of sound gives the distance from the
    base. Combinig this with the compass information, gives two possible
absolute locations. The SW must take care to eliminate one.
    It's assumed that the robot starts from the base station.
    If this is not possible a bidirectional radio communication
    is required.
  - optional absolute pressure sensor used to estimate height.

Planned is a mapping SW, that is capable of mapping unknow terrain
using 2D pictures (digitalized video signal or webcam) in addition to
the IMU data. The idea is to take one pic, advance a little bit, shoot the
second pic. Using the IMU data, the PC is able to reconstruct
a 3D image from the two 2D images using simple trigonomy. This should work in
flight having bidirectional communications and allow the next (generation)
version of flight control sw to avoid obstacles.

As demonstration object, uav, similar to this from the papirazzi project and
wheeled robots will be made.

The licence will be similar to the IMATIX licence.
Special passes are needed in order to take no responsablility,
and that it's the users responsability to meet certains law restrictions like
uses of free trasmission frequences (the frequenz will vary on different
country), robot safety requirements,
for UAV's, RC or UAV flying permissions and restrictions.
Generally, a robot can be dangerous for people.

The project will produce C and assembler source code for pic processors (cheap
and greatest availability) and supporting SW for
unix environment.

The project relay on two subprojects. The C compiler is not really
necessary, for noncommercial purposes the free (linux) HITECH C
compiler can be used.

Subproject:
C compiler for PIC processors covering the 12x,16x,17x and 18x parts.
The licence is TBD. The major limitation derives from the
smallc licence. In principe GPL with the restriction to not sell
this SW. Probably a licence like that from IMATRIX will do the job.
I want to update the expression parser (from smallc v22),
write annoter register allocation and integrate a optimizer
from other parts.
Because i need it additionally for the fairchild MCU (ACE1001), this secondary
targed will be added.
No real source code is present. This is a cut/past work from other
projects.
The compiler generate relocable asm files compilable by the GPL gputils suite.
Source line debugging is supported using the GPL gpicd SW.
This is the link from the compiler taken as source.
http://members.fortunecity.de/bodo4all/misc/pinc.zip
I have the permission from the author. He said, that this work is
based on smallc and that it's to investigate the licence of smallc.
smallc V 1.0 was used. The SW itself according to the author have
no real licence. I have a mail in german language. I know, that mails
don't count for legal issues. If you approve the proj. written
permission must be ask.
copt.c file downloaded form unix source newsgroup,
The first line tell:
/* copt version 1.00 (C) Copyright Christopher W. Fraser 1984 */
No email address. This is a peephole optimizer used in lcc, sdcc, smallc
and other free compilers. I don't know the licence or how reach the
author. I need linking this pice of code with my SW.
The above mentioned SW packages don't have linked this code with there
software.
strsed.c
I have downloaded from sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk , the link don't work anymore.
No licence indication. It's depends on the regex from X11 or GNU regex, i don't
remember.
 *
 * Terry Jones
 * address@hidden
 * ...!{pyramid,unido}!pcsbst!distel!terry
 *
 * PCS Computer Systeme GmbH
 * Pfaelzer-Wald-Str 36
 * 8000 Muenchen 90
 * West Germany       49-89-68004288
 *
 * January 8th, 1990.
 *
 */
I can provide the modified source code for strsed.c and copt.c .
I'm not sure if i have the orginal source.
It seems, that the source code are in public domain, but no licence
file.

Subproject:
simple fuzzy logic to C SW supporting small micros pic and avr (gcc) targets.
Licence TBD. can be GPL.
Depends:
gslgen from IMATRIX v. 1.0 (with gpl licence)
The newer gslgen v 2.0 is not gpl source.
gslgen need the libsfl (no gpl licence) to compile.
It should be checked, if this is in contrast with the gslgen licence.
tcl/tk for graphical designing the fuzzy rules.
Some not yet defined tcl/tk librarys, but all GPL v. 1 or v. 2

Other Software Required:
gputils suite

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/