[Savannah-hackers] submission of libfactory++ - savannah.nongnu.org

From: savannah . gnu . org
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of libfactory++ - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 19:42:34 -0400

Martin F. Krafft <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I am failing to see the difference between the Artistic License
and the Clarified Artistic License. My code is under the artistic license, but
I am prepared to change that. Maybe someone can give me some advice.
Package: libfactory++
System name: libfactory
Type: non-GNU

libfactory++ is a C++ template framework for run-time dynamic type
instantiation. You can register single classes or whole hierarchies, and then
tell libfactory++ to instantiate objects using the registration key. For
instance, if you register class A with key 1 and a child class A::B with key 2,
then you could say create(1) to obtain a pointer to a newly allocated and
constructed A object, or create(2) to return an A* containing a new instance of
A::B.

libfactory++ differs from other factory approaches mainly in its flexibility.
For one, libfactory++ can use any constructor a type supports, and allows you
to choose (and configure) the constructor to use for each call to create().
Second, it supports custom allocators, allowing you to use e.g. a memory pool
rather than continuous invocations of 'new'.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/