[Savannah-hackers] submission of wxSnort Policy Manager - savannah.nongn

From: primero
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of wxSnort Policy Manager - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:42:47 -0400

primero <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: wxSnort Policy Manager
System name: wxsnort
Type: non-GNU

Temporary Name: wxSnort Policy Manager.
Language:Python , developed on Gentoo-GNU/Linux

The project is to develop a Policy Manager fot Snort IDS. Something like
ActiveWorks fot Windows, with the possibility in future to integrate it with a
full suite of Snort Utilities like a Log Collector/Analyzer, Sensors Manager,
and so on...
This is the first block of a puzzle.
The policy manager can be tought like a "Filter" beetween the official Snort
Rules, that are in text only format, and the configuration rules, it helps the
user to deploy a good signatures configuration in a "Human-friendly" way.
It also will incorporate an HTML rendering engine to show, directly inside the
application, internet reference about each signature.
It will be suited with an agent application that will give the possibility to
update sensors directly from the policy manager with an OpenSSL connection.

I would be glad to give you an URL to look for the Source code, but i've no
public ip or hosting space to puy it on. so if you need it i can send you the
source code via E-mail or in any other way.
The project is in a very early development state , but is growing fast, and i
think it will reach a "ready to be tested" state in about 1 month (if my job
leave me enough free time).

Other Software Required:
Python interprete >=2.2
wxPython>=2.4.1
Standard Python Library

Other Comments:
This is my first real application development ... so , don't expect perfect
coding :)

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/