[Savannah-hackers] submission of Jinks - savannah.nongnu.org

From: pavcio
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jinks - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:11:56 -0400

Pawel Foremski <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: Jinks
System name: jinks
Type: non-GNU

NOTE: I`m moving this new project request from sf.net, because they didn`t
replied for a month (!) - here is little modified original description

Jinks aims to be a clear, easy to understand and top-flexible content
management system. The project is founded because there are a huge number of
open source CMSes, but almost none of them conform to the GNU philosophy, most
of them are slow, poorly designed and have drossy code and near all of them
runs on M$ Windows ;-).
This project in fact aims to be similar to ezPublish and Plone - the content
will be categorized in folders and it will be possible to add a module anywhere
in it - but it will be simpler, cleaner, faster and written in PHP. It will
also allow to inherit the content and/or form of it from other folders.
Jinks will be probably powered by some database abstraction layer, so it will
probably run with MySQL, PostgreSQL and other popular relational database
management systems.

I`ve already done some work, you can a snapshot (not much usable in fact) from
http://ares.4lo.bytom.pl/pavcio/jinks/. It`s powered by PHP PEAR`s DB database
abstraction layer (licensed on PHP license v. 3). As far as I remember :D all
other code was written by me.

Other Software Required:
* standard web environment - a web server capable of running PHP scripts -
preferably Apache and PHP5
* an RDBMS - eg. MySQL, PostgreSQL and much more (see below)
* a DB database abstraction layer library from PEAR -
http://pear.php.net/package/DB

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/