[Savannah-hackers] submission of GNOME Journal - savannah.nongnu.org

From: sriram . ramkrishna
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GNOME Journal - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:47:12 -0400

Sriram Ramkrishna <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Combination GNU GPL and Creative Commons for content.
Package: GNOME Journal
System name: gnomejournal
Type: non-GNU

We are the GNOME Journal.  A software/magazine project that intends to be a
marketing frontend to the GNOME project.  We are an official part of the GNOME
project and in fact will have our main software distribution on cvs.gnome.org.
However, since we are using GNU Arch Revision Control system we wish to have a
mirror here for disaster recovery.

GNOME Journal depends on standards like docbook for web site generation and
uses GNOME and Free Software technology exclusively for xml and xslt
manipulation.

All content generated by GNOME Journal will be licensed under the Creative
Commons license including interviews and columns.  We will probably be the
first magazine in the free software world to do this.

Thanks,
sri

Other Software Required:
There are no software dependencies other than perhaps libxml, and some home
grown tools that are used by the GNOME Documentation Team.

Other Comments:
GNOME Journal wants to use Savannah only as a mirror for it's arch archive.  We
intend to have our main hosting on cvs.gnome.org.  I suspect that it will
contain only content.  We have a build system that uses docbook with relaxng
but that might just be on cvs.gnome.org.

We planon importing our project sometime this week.  I'm nto sure how much we
can show you at hte moment as it's all css stylesheets and very little code.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/