Re: [Savannah-hackers] mail-address change for user 'screen' fails.

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] mail-address change for user 'screen' fails.
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:40:00 +0100 (BST)

Hello Juergen,

> Hi Gnu's!
>
> Savannah user screen has its e-mail currently sent to address@hidden, I'd like
> to change that to address@hidden, as there all screen authors can
> read it, not just myelf.
>
> I loggend in as user 'screen', and followed the links, but an error
> occured. The system asked me to try again and report the error.
> See the attached screenshot.
>
> The following mail arrived at the old mailbox, but nothing showed up at
> the new one.

This is correct.  The confirmation is sent to the email address we have on
file.  Once you confirm (by visiting the link in the email) your email
would be changed to the new one (address@hidden' in your case).

> On May 28, 04 15:23:21 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
>> Someone, presumably you, have requested a change of email address on
>> Savannah.
>> If it is not you, someone if maybe trying to steal your account..
>>
>> Your current address is address@hidden, the supposedly new address is
>> address@hidden
>>
>> You did not requested that change, please visit the following URL to
>> discard the email change and report us the problem. :
>>
>> [...snipped email changing url...]

Please remember that the savannah-hackers mailing list is public, and as
such, anyone looking at this in the public archives could now change your
email address.

I have invalidated your request to change your email address, so you will
have to request an email change again via the web interface.

--
Elfyn