[Savannah-hackers] [support #103189] I don't have write access to the CV

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103189] I don't have write access to the CVSROOT of my project
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:08:52 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103189] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Wed 07/07/2004 at 19:06 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc

We wrote in the FAQ that "this document is out-of-date, and is here only for
posterity. We do not allow projects' `CVSROOT/' directories to be modified any
longer. We hope to be providing a web front-end for you to manage some of the
files in your projects' `CVSROOT/' some time in the future."

Could you please tell us where you read this information?

Also, we are currently able to manually configure your cvs repository to have
commit notifications and diff to your mailing-list.

I can do that if you want.

[support #103189] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Sven Herzberg
On: Wed 07/07/2004 at 10:58

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Hi,

  I just wanted to re-setup the cvs commit notification for the project
criawips (cvs-list: address@hidden) and after modifying commitinfo and loginfo
as described in the savannah docs I tried to check in my changes, but cvs
commit aborts with the following message:

# cvs commit
cvs commit: Examining .
Checking in commitinfo;
/cvsroot/criawips/CVSROOT/commitinfo,v  <--  commitinfo
cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvsroot/criawips/CVSROOT/,commitinfo,': Permission denied
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsA33V3m
#

Please fix this, Thank You,

Sven

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Wed 07/07/2004 at 19:06       By: Beuc
We wrote in the FAQ that "this document is out-of-date, and is here only for
posterity. We do not allow projects' `CVSROOT/' directories to be modified any
longer. We hope to be providing a web front-end for you to manage some of the
files in your projects' `CVSROOT/' some time in the future."

Could you please tell us where you read this information?

Also, we are currently able to manually configure your cvs repository to have
commit notifications and diff to your mailing-list.

I can do that if you want.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103189>

  Message sent via/by Savannah