[Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet Another Communication System - sava

From: rhcappf
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet Another Communication System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:16:52 -0400

Romeu Henrique Capparelli Fonsec <address@hidden> described the package as
follows:
Package: Yet Another Communication System
System name: yacos
Type: non-GNU

Event Based Mail (and other messaging ways) Communication System
(no short name for this yet)

A system based on a database (sqlite or mysql or postgresql) for sending
multiple messages. These messages are controled by events (e.g. received,
opened, request_for_more). These events can be generated externaly (MPI, ICP)
or internally (Database, trigger). All operations is logged on DB.

I will use a external MTA (e.g Postfix)

The Goal of this project is to permit communication on demand or 'opt-ins'.
Some uses are:
 - E-mail based courses  (lessons are send on demand)
 - E-mail based marketing (with anti-spam politics)
 - SMS calls from central
 - etc.

Other Software Required:
perl module on CPAN: Crypt::Tea

Other Comments:
For now I have only a bunch of codes on PHP and Perl. I will depend on any
non-GPL lib or prog.
In the first phase it will be a Linux+Apache+Php+Postfix+Perl system

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/