[Savannah-hackers] submission of NSOE - Net Simulated Operating Envirome

From: wyglif
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of NSOE - Net Simulated Operating Enviromen - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:16:40 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Mitja Felicijan <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: NSOE - Net Simulated Operating Enviromen
System name: nsoe
Type: GNU

I have prepared page for you with description, source and screenshot

NSOE is a system written in PHP that enables users to write their own web
applications and import them into this system. It is basicly only a platform
for applications. It has window support written in DHTML and that makes more
than one application able to run at the "same time". The system is not yet
complited and I have changed its purpuse from static apps that the system
should have to dynamic apps that users could contribue to system. That means
that any user could write their own app and add it in root mode to system
simply by installing it. For that there will be app that will unpack the
package and copie PHP source files to designated directory. User who will
develop new apps will have to pack the package in NSOE and there be will app
that will do inversely what the install app do.

The system already has user management but isn't quite good so I am writing new
script for that. The most powerfull user will be root and this user will have
all the privileges. Other users will be formed in groups and this groups will
give propper privileges.

At first I wanted the system to run with MySQL bu I changed my mind, beacuse
not all users havse MySQL support. For that I have written a script that
handles with files and we get a small database that the system will work with.
The syntax for querys is almost the same as MySQL syntax. The source file of
this script can be downloaded under Download source. I named it fileSQL. I am
still working on parser that will dissect statement. This also can be seen
under Download source.

I have started writing language support so other languges could be added.
Official languge will be English.

Other Software Required:
- Apache
- PHP