[Savannah-hackers] submission of fluxp2p - savannah.nongnu.org

From: a2204
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of fluxp2p - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:30:28 -0400

Joaquín Caraballo Moreno <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
Package: fluxp2p
System name: fluxp2p
Type: non-GNU

fluxp2p is a program to send a data flow through a pair to pair network

Every execution of fluxp2p can deploy a node in a p2p network.  In every
network there is a special node called the root who will provide the data flow.
 Every non-root node can obtain the flow and resend it to other nodes.

Currently, the broadcast network has the form of a tree with the root node as
the root of the tree.  A protocol of 5 packets is used: REQUEST, to request a
connection, ACCEPT, to answer accepting the connection, FORWARD, to answer with
the coordonates of other nodes, PING, to work out some quality measures and
PONG, to answer a PING.

The program is written in C and only uses the GNU C Library as library.

It works in Linux (it has been tested on some Red Hats and a Gentoo).

Sources can be downloaded from
http://quinquin.no-ip.org/~quinquin/fp2p/fluxp2p-submited-GPL-20040720a.tgz

This software has been developed by Alejandro Rodríguez San José and me during
a training in the "Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris 6".

The other author and the professor in charge have give me an oral authorization
to publish the software under a GPL Licence.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/