[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #206886] www.gnu.org projects sync

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #206886] www.gnu.org projects sync
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:35:02 +0200

Thanks,

--
Sylvain

On 2004.07.26 22:07 James Blair via RT wrote:
> address@hidden - Sun Jul 25 16:58:30 2004]:
>
> Hello,
>
> Could you have projects:
> sharutils
> binutils
> update their respective www.gnu.org/software/ folder, and copy the
> existing contents from gnu.org in their webcvs repository?
>
> Thanks,

I've moved those projects, and made new checkouts on www.gnu.org.  To
be
clear, writing to us is the right way to do this for now, but I want
summarize the process.

Here's what I do to move projects' web space out of the www project
into
their own:
1) move the files in ...webcvs/www/software/foo to ...webcvs/foo/foo
   that way the version history is preserved across the move.
2) chgrp -R webfoo the moved files
3) on www.gnu.org, I check them out into a special directory, and
update
   the symlinks (this is what new.py is supposed to do).

Once the new.py script is working, you'll be able to do it yourself by
doing steps 1 and 2 and then calling new.py manually.  Paul is working
on fixing it and will write email when it is done.