Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Free Church Management System -

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Free Church Management System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 01:32:37 +0100

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 12:52:37AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> James W. Thompson, II <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: The Free Church Management System
> System name: fcms
> Type: non-GNU

> I am requestion the services of Savannah to host development of
> a project to be called the 'Free Church Management System.' FCMS
> is intended to be a Free, GPL licensed application built on the
> Qt GUI framework to aid in the management of churches.
> Functionality will include membership and gift tracking,
> reporting options and other useful features. The goal is to
> provide a Free alternative to the many commercial non-Free church
> management system that will run on all popular GUI based OSes
> (GNU/Linux, Mac OS X, Windows). This project has yet to get
> underway and thus there is no source code currently available.

Please register your project again and include an (temporary) URL
pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
registering will not be read by the general public. If you are still
concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
email.

We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
catch potential legal issues early.

For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
catch potential omissions such as these.

If you do not have any source code, please re-submit your project
request when you do.

> Other Software Required:
> Qt GUI Libraries, Possibly various GNU libraries for reporting
> and graphics handling.
>
> Other Comments:

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4