Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Documenta??o do GNU Emacs em Portug

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Documenta??o do GNU Emacs em Portugu?s Brasileiro - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 03:14:24 +0100

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 09:46:03AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>

> Marcelo Toledo <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: fdl
> Other License: All this documentation already exist, so we will
>   not modify license terms, we will continue to use the same
>   license as the documentation was released.
> Package: Documenta??o do GNU Emacs em Portugu?s Brasileiro
> System name: emacs-br
> Type: GNU

Your project is not part of the GNU project, and as such, cannot be
a project of type `GNU'.  If your project is accepted, it will be
hosted at nongnu.org.

> The objective of this project is to translate Emacs documentation,
> and other important files. The first one to be translated will be
> the GNU Emacs Manual. After this we will continue updating all
> translated files and other documentations.
>
> Emacs is a potential tool but it lacks good documentation in
> Portuguese, that's a reason to lose good users. I've introduced
> GNU Emacs to many people and after a while they stoped using it,
> or even, haven't started because it lacks good documentation in
> portuguese. This project aim to change this subject.
>
> I've already translated the TUTORIAL and hope to translate the
> GNU Emacs Manual, Emacs Lisp Intro, Emacs Lisp Reference, FAQ
> and other important files.

Would it perhaps be better for your translations to be made/live
in their respective packages?  Have you spoken with the GNU emacs
maintainers to see if they would let you do that?

Elfyn McBratney

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4