Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Iguana Scripting Language - sav

From: Davide Angelocola
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Iguana Scripting Language - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 18:54:17 +0200

On Jul 30, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Michael J. Flickinger wrote:

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".
Done for COPYING (and thus GPL). What about the GFDL for documentation?

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

For your reference, these files lack the proper GPL header:

        /Iguana/getplatform.c
        ./Iguana/getcompiler.c
        ./Iguana/traceback.c
        ./Iguana/errors.c

I'm adding this header:

/*
 * filename
 *
 * Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004 Davide Angelocola and others.
 *
* Iguana is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it and/or
 * modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License. There is
 * ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for Iguana. See the COPYING for more
 * details.
 */

In order to correctly applying the GPL license to this program I've also to add this header to Iguana's scripts? I want to give freedom of choice to people that write an Iguana script: it is really needed that these script must be released under GPL? And what about the library?

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.
I agree.

Best Regards,
Davide Angelocola