[Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #211731] Sync wwwgnu.org

From: James Blair via RT
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [gnu.org #211731] Sync wwwgnu.org
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:58:27 -0400

> address@hidden - Mon Oct 04 09:19:38 2004]:
>
> Hello,
>
> I uploaded some files in a web-only project in
> savannah.gnu.org , name gugve , though the files are
> already in the CVS repository, i cant access them through
> the project web page (http://www.gnu.org/gugve/).
>
> The savannah-hackers told me you need to sync the www.gnu.org
> server , could you please help me with this?
>
> Thanks and Regards,

Are you sure you want it at the root level?  I don't think we host many
(any?) user group projects on www.gnu.org now, but if we host more in
the future, maybe you should give them their own subdirectory.

GNU software projects, for example, are automatically created at
www.gnu.org/software/foo.

If we are going to make a habit of hosting these projects, it seems that
the ideal situation would be to use the GUG project type on savannah to
behave like the www project type (webmasters get editorial control
through CVS) and have them automatically created in some subdirectory of
www.gnu.org.

I can install it wherever you want, just let me know what you want to do.

-Jim